Hitting - "Every batter needs to adapt his thinking like a leadoff man and make it his main goal to get on base."
- Look for a certain pitch, train yourself to see that pitch.
- Know what pitch you can hit well.
- The ability to get on base - to avoid making outs is crucial to your success.
- Good hitters develop power - power hitters don't become good hitters.
- Have a plan - what are you trying to accomplish at each at bat?
- Train your eyes to see pitches as early as possible.
- Practice always in game situations - speed.
- Eyes left to right (reading) to find release point.
- Own the batters box.
- Observe your opponent before you get in the batters box.
- Solid foundation 60/40 weight balance.
- Load early - be in a strong position - balance.
- Head still (quiet) - shoulders rotate around.
- Hands above the baseball.
- Focus on the upper inner half of the ball.
- Head behind hands.
- Back knee inside foot.
- Lower body leads the way - hips then hands.
- Lead with front elbow - push (punch) with top or back hand.
- Swing at strikes - put your swing on it.
- Count in your favor - act like it (when you swing).
- To become a good hitter you have to spend hours of practice focusing on the mechanics of your swing - correctly.